Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hot wings anyone??~ Get them fresh at Flappers Wild West Wings!

Have you ever just felt the urge to dive into a basket of buffalo wings? I have!

I consider myself a somewhat health conscious, "grease is evil", kind of person. However, even I will succumb to the temptation of a chicken wing, smothered in the perfect buffalo sauce and drowned in creamy blue cheese dressing. It gets me every time, and yesterday was no different....

It is actually pretty difficult to find the creative genius within to describe a basket of hot wings. One might think "a wing, is a wing, is a wing", but not so at Flappers. The biggest difference when you come here as opposed to other establishments offering hot wings are the options.

~Are you in the mood to burn your taste buds off? They can oblige with their lip numbing, tongue tingling "Zulu" sauce (my personal fav.. my mouth is watering at the idea of it). Feeling saucy and sweet today? They have an enormous assortment of sauces ranging from extremely mild and sweet, to thick robust smokey BBQ.. you name it, they've got it, feel free to mix n match your sauces! No matter what you choose, you'll be left with the sticky fingered, tell tale sign of a happy Flappers customer.

Not so into wings? It's no problem here! Flappers offers a great variety of burgers, salads and sandwiches, as well as appetizers and sides. There is certainly something for everyone, including a nice bar offering Southern Oregon Brewing Gold Digger Northwest Lager and Pin-up Porter along with DosEquis Amber, Deschutes Mirror Pond and Coors Lite. They have bottled beer too! Southern Oregon Brewery's Woodshed Red Ale, Nice Rack IPA, and Nazd Ravi Pilsner as well as Ninkasi Total Domination IPA, Walkabout Brewery's Workers Pale Ale, Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Pale Ale and Franziskaner Hefeweizen. If you are like me, and are not a beer drinker, they offer local wines and specialty drinks as well.

I wouldn't exactly say that my last visit was "perfect", I wasn't too impressed with the roll of paper towels the server plopped on the table..I guess I'd prefer a few napkins, actually some wet-naps would be fabulous considering the meal. Not a deal breaker by any means, it really is more of a personal preference. The service was good, and the food is best described as "Succulent", I think leaving happy is what matters :)

I also might recommend a little work on the web-site, maybe listing all of the sauces available?? It could come in handy for people that are much more picky than myself ;)

The restaurant itself has a great Western theme, with open ceilings, and exposed beams. Its pretty rustic, and inviting. Would you really get that good ol' hot wings n beer feel sitting in a fine dining atmosphere? I think not! This fits for this place :)

If you're in the area, make sure to stop by and show your support for yet another great local restaurant.

Flappers Wild West Wings is located at:-

1213 West Main St. in Medford, Oregon 97501.


Hours:
Monday: closed
Tuesday: 11:30 am to 9pm
Wednesday: 11:
30 am to 9pm
Thursday: 11
:30 am to 9pm
Friday: 11
:30 am to 10pm
Saturday: 11
:30 am to 10pm
Sunday: 1
2 pm to 9pm


http://www.flapperswildwestwings.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment