Friday, February 17, 2012

The Downtown Market Co. Perfect Food.

I think I may actually have been rendered speechless... I'm digging for some witty remark, or play on words to describe this gem of an establishment.

I guess I'll just start here: These people know food. Good food. Whole food. Perfect food. The food you not only want to eat, but should eat. How's that for wonderful? They know how to make you want to eat food you should be eating! Can it get any better? You betcha!

Not only can you enjoy a new menu of fresh, wholesome, tasty food every week from the Taste Kitchen, you can shop the store for an array of Mediterranean delights. Wines, assorted cheeses (including my very favorite Mozzarella Di Buffala), breads... and so very much more! Not only can you go have a fantastic lunch, they also offer Family Style Dinners, Food and Wine Pairing, Cooking Classes, as well as Private Parties.

For those of you that know me, I am very picky when it comes to Italian Cuisine, not just the manner in which it is prepared, but the pronunciation of the dish itself. I have this belief that if you are going to sell something, you should be thoroughly familiar with your product! (take a hint here O. G.) Take the word "Caprese" for example. It is NOT pronounced " C-A-P-R-EE-SEE". It IS pronounced "Ca-Pray-Say".

I feel inclined to point this out because our server actually knew this :) And because The Downtown Market Co. serves a delectable Open Faced Caprese Sandwich, that I promise will have you convinced you are in a small cafe in Southern Italy.  I know, it may not be a big deal to you, but it is an enormous deal to most Italian/Americans that cherish and value their heritage. Therefore, props to The Downtown Market Co.!

I especially appreciate that you are not bombarded with thousands of options on a packed menu. I have never liked sitting at a table and reading a mystery novel in order to figure out what I should eat for lunch. The Downtown Market Co. weekly menus are tastefully put together with a few choices for soups, salads, sides, panino's, and main dishes.

On any given week, you can rest assured the menu items are not only good, but imaginative as well. I have never thought to put white beans and tomatoes together as a salad with olive oil and grated parmesan. I will now! How about a Barley-Lentil Burger with Spicy Fruit Salsa??  I ordered this, and ate every last crumb of this, and I am pretty sure I can't live without this. Without a doubt, one of the best meals I have ever had.
The tag line on The Downtown Market Co. website is " Ignite your passion for food and cooking". And they do just that.  In the "About Us" section, you will find the owner- Nora LaBrocca describes a childhood rich in whole food, culture and a love of heritage. Every bit of which shows in her establishment.

I have had my fair share of foodie adventures in Southern Oregon. Actually, around the world, and I can honestly tell you this is one of my most favorite places on this planet to enjoy a meal.

I'm not sure what more I can say. I highly encourage you to take some time and go visit this fabulous eatery and market. If you like good food and great service, you have no reason not to stop on in.

The Downtown Market Co. is located at :

231 E. Main St
Medford, Or

Visit their website at : http://downtownmarketco.com/

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh! I'm excited for you :) let us know your thoughts when you get a chance!

      Delete